- British Council recognised EFL teaching qualification, e.g. Cambridge CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL or equivalent (weekend TEFL courses and online courses do not meet British Council standards)
- a university degree (Level 6 qualification)
- a native-speaker level of English
We welcome applicants with a PBEd/PGCE (Primary Education, English or MFL) with TESOL subsidiary
- applicants with specialist Young Learner qualifications
- previous residential experience, especially with children
We have an average of over 60% staff returning each summer. Although experience is preferred, we also welcome applications from newly-qualified teachers.
In addition to the essential/desirable qualifications and experience detailed above, you will have:
- a willingness to throw yourself into the role
- the desire to help create a great experience for our students
- a genuine interest in the safety, welfare and happiness of our students
- the ability to motivate and stimulate the students both inside and out of the classroom
- enthusiasm and a sense of humour
- flexibility and commitment to the team
Thames Valley Summer Schools is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.